Follow these guidelines for renewal of your CERA and CERV status
• Complete an Application for Renewal.
• A renewal application is required every three years.
• Deadline for renewal is December 31.
Example: If your graduation date is 8/13/2010, you should renew your status by submitting an Application for Renewal by 12/31/2013.
• Include $150 renewal fee with application, made payable to The Election Center.
• View the Calendar of scheduled courses, dates and locations.
• View the Renewal Courses (XIII - XXIX).
• Course Requirement:
Complete 1 renewal PEP course during your 3 year certification period.
• Conference/Workshop Requirements (2 events):
(1) Attend 2 Election Center conferences/workshops or (2) Attend 1 Election Center conference/workshop plus 1 event from another association (minimum of 5 hours of election or voter registration subject matter).
Note: This must occur between the graduation date and the renewal deadline.
• Save all course/conference/workshop documentation including receipts, when attending events from
organizations other than The Election Center. Documentation is required when applying for renewal. Documentation of attendance to Election Center conference/workshops is not required when applying for renewal.
• Mail your completed renewal forms and fee by December 31 to:
Election Center, 21946 Royal Montreal Dr., Suite 100, Katy, TX 77450
• All CERA graduates that complete their renewal requirements by December 31 are eligible to participate in
the annual CERA renewal recognition ceremony, held during the following April workshop event. All renewing graduates will receive a renewal certificate and CERA renewal lapel pin.
• Have questions? Go to FAQ - CERA/CERV Renewal or E-mail: